Choose Collaboration, Cooperation and Conscious Co-creation
Why not choose collaboration, cooperation, conscious co-creation over competition?
Welcome to ITZ Focus Times™!
Self-leaders, leaders of teams, organizations and communities have a choice to make – be the change you wish to see in your world (M. Gandhi) or not. Collaboration is one viable solution that inspires innovation, co-creation and positive change.
The Power of Conscious Collaboration
I have learned many lessons throughout the past 20+ years of working through major corporate change. The focus of this week’s dose of sageocracy shared via ITZ Monday’s Inspiration™ and ITZ Focus Times™ is shining light on how effective collaboration is key to achieving success. Over the years, I have developed the practice of curating and sharing quotes that have inspired me. Collaboration is a process that involves two or more people, teams, organizations or communities working together. The purpose of this post is to offer the following quotes as inspiration to encourage all leaders including leaders of one life, to reflect on the value of collaboration and how it can help achieve success broadly:
1. Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much. – Helen Keller2. When we quit thinking primarily about ourselves and our own self-preservation, we undergo a truly heroic transformation of consciousness. – Joseph Campbell
3. It is the long history of humankind (and animal kind, too) those who learned to collaborate and improvise most effectively have prevailed. – Charles Darwin4. If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. –Isaac Newton
5. Many ideas grow better when transplanted into another mind than the one where they sprang up. – Oliver Wendell Holmes
6. We are caught in an inescapeable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny. – Martin Luther King, Jr.
7. Individually, we are one drop. Together, we are an ocean. – Ryunosuke Satoro
8. We’re in this together, and if we united and we inter-culturally cooperated, then that might be the key to humanity’s survival. – Jeremy Gilley, TEDTalks lecture
9. If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas. – George Bernard Shaw
10. Without community there is no liberation. – Audre Lorde
11. I offer you peace. I offer you love. I offer you friendship. I see your beauty. I hear your need. I feel your feelings. My wisdom flows from the Highest Source. I salute that Source in you. Let us work together for unity and love. – Mohandas K. Gandhi12. None of us, including me, ever do great things. But we can all do small things, with great love, and together we can do something wonderful. – Mother Teresa
13. The fundamental law of human beings is interdependence. A person is a person through other persons. – Archbishop Desmond Tutu
14. The good we secure for ourselves is precarious and uncertain until it is secured for all of us and incorporated into our common life. – Jane Addams
15. Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. – Margaret Mead
16. We cannot seek achievement for ourselves and forget about progress and prosperity for our community…Our ambitions must be broad enough to include the aspirations and needs of others, for their sakes and for our own. – Cesar Chavez
17. The way a team plays as a whole determines its success. You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they don’t play together, the club won’t be worth a dime. – Babe Ruth
18. You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete. – R. Buckminister Fuller
19. The scarcest resource is not oil, metals, clean air, capital, labor, or technology. It is our willingness to listen to each other and learn from each other and to seek the truth rather than seek to be right. – Donella Meadows
20. It is in the shelter of each other that the people live. – Irish Proverb
The cumulative force of focused energy and efforts causes people, organizations, cultures and sectors to shift. During 2016 I attended events such as the Noia Oil & Gas Conference, the Women’s Economic Forum – St. John’s and participated in Genesis Centre’s Evolution Program (MUN). Collaboration is a process being used in many sectors inside Canada and beyond including: energy, education, business and government sectors. Diverse people, communities, teams and organizations, are focusing efforts and resources on co-creating solutions to complex problems.
Collaboration is the Way Forward
There is a call for greater collaboration in relation to achieving lofty goals. Examples include:
- Global Goal #7: Affordable & Clean Energy
- The Plan to Promote More Women on Canadian Boards
- Bringing Marketing Intelligence to Newfoundland and Labrador in Pan-Atlantic Collaboration
Leaders at all levels, within all sectors are expected to focus efforts to create huge course corrections. The focus is to achieve greater good – locally, nationally and internationally.
Greatness is not a function of circumstance. Greatness, it turns out, is largely a matter of conscious choice and discipline. – Jim Collins
Join the ITZ Focus Tribe™ today!
Sign up via http://www.daphnemacneil.com/opt-in/ to receive inspirational insights and other valuable updates on a regular basis.
ITZ Focus Times ™ (our blog posts) and ITZ Monday’s Inspiration™, offers our unique brand of Sageocracy